[SR-Users] [Sipp-users] Use of SIPP along with kamailio - REGISTER followed by INVITE not working

Jonas Borjesson jonas at jonasborjesson.com
Tue Jan 4 17:49:39 CET 2011

Hey guys

Here is what I typically do in a scenario like this:

SIPp instance no 1 (port x): handles registrations but will register
with NOT with port X but with port Y.
SIPp instance no 2 (port y): handles the "other" traffic, such as
INVITE, MESSAGE whatever.

The reason for this is that when I do load testing, I cannot go off
and kill my REGISTER SIPp instance plus I don't want to have to deal
with timing issues etc (I haven't noticed that though). Of course,
this assumes there is no NAT between you and the server, which in our
test lab, we dont have (unless we are explicitly testing NAT
scenarios).

Anyway, just another idea.

/Jonas