[SR-Users] Use of SIPP along with kamailio - REGISTER followed by INVITE not working

Stephen McVarnock stephen.mcvarnock at aepona.com
Tue Jan 4 08:59:15 CET 2011

Guys,
  I am not sure in which world to expect to get an answer to this so I
am sending this to both SIPP and SR-User mailing lists.

I am trying to get an SIPP end-point to register with a kamailio proxy.
I do this by sending the REGISTER from the SIPP
end-point, which is successfully responded to by kamailio with a 200 OK.
No problems there.

The problem is then with sending an INVITE from kamailio to the SIPP
instance. This is where the problems arise.

1) If I include the expected INVITE in the same xml scenario file as the
REGISTER/200, then SIPP will complain about the INVITE
as it will have a different Call-ID from the REGISTER method. I have a
hunt around the forums and this was acknowledged as an issue
but as far as I can see this has not been fixed/implemented. The
following link will take you to a proposed fix for this issue.

http://sipp.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Patches#Pre.2FPost_scenarios

Does anyone know what the current state of play is for this proposed
patch or if there is another way to get around this issue?

2) I tried to REGISTER the SIPP endpoint in a single xml scenario file
with kamailio. This works as per usual. I then killed
the SIPP instance and ran a new SIPP script listening on the same port
before trying to send the INVITE to it. I expected this to work
as the SIPP scenarios (both sending REGISTER and expecting INVITE)
listened on the same port. However, the INVITE was not
received by the SIPP endpoint. Can anyone think of a reason for this?

If any further info is required then please let me know. I have spent
quite a bit of time on this and its an itch that needs scratched.

Thanks in advance,
   Steve.

Stephen McVarnock,
AePONA Ltd,