[SR-Users] dispatcher problem

klaus.lists at inode.at klaus.lists at inode.at
Fri Sep 10 12:33:02 CEST 2010

Hello Daniel,

these days I'm playing a lot with the dispatcher module and from my point
of view I found a strange behaviour of the module, which is not according
the description in the documentation and as you've explained in the list.

I've learned that polling of failed gwys is only supported when the
parameter "ds_ping_interval" is set to a value above '0' (the default
value of '10' is no longer supported).

However, when a gateway is in probing state the polling interval is never
the value that is set in the modparam, it is - in dependent from this
value - always a 'fix' period. E.g. the OPTIONS message is sent in
following interval: 0.5-1-2-4-4-4-4 and afterwards it looks a little bit
chaotic without a specified interval (= random).

Is this as expected or do I miss another modparam that is mandatory? My
config looks as follows:
# ----- DISPATCHER -----
modparam("dispatcher", "db_url",
"mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser")
modparam("dispatcher", "table_name", "dispatcher")
modparam("dispatcher", "dst_avp", "$avp(AVP_DST)")
modparam("dispatcher", "grp_avp", "$avp(AVP_GRP)")
modparam("dispatcher", "cnt_avp", "$avp(AVP_CNT)")
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_from", "sip:proxy at 192.168.37.87")
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_mode", 0)
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_interval", 20)
modparam("dispatcher", "flags", 2)
modparam("dispatcher", "force_dst", 1)

regards,

Klaus Feichtinger