[SR-Users] dispatcher problem

Carsten Bock lists at bock.info
Fri Sep 10 12:59:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

what you are seeing here, are the retransmits for the OPTIONS-Requests.
The Dispatcher checks every 10 seconds for "dead" destinations and
then sends out the OTIONS-Request using TM (which is doing the
retransmits).

This might be a little overlapping, e.g.
- OPTIONS-Request (initial request, 1st try)
- 0,5s (retransmit, 1st try)
- 1s (retransmit, 1st try)
- 2s (retransmit, 1st try) = 3,5 Seconds from initial request
- 4s (retransmit, 1st try) = 7,5 Seconds from initial request
- 10s OPTIONS-Request (initial request, 2nd try)
- 10,5s (retransmit, 2nd try)
- 11,5s (2x, retransmit, 2nd try + retransmit, 1st try)
- 13,5s (retransmit, 2nd try)
- 15,5s (retransmit, 1st try)
(and so on).

That is the reason for this behaviour, and may look confusing....

Carsten