[SR-Users] Using multiple media proxy pools

Stagg Shelton stagg at vocalcloud.com
Thu Sep 2 19:12:46 CEST 2010

  I have a requirement that I hope can be accomplished.  I have to
connect to three providers who will be delivering a private IP Layer 2
ethernet endpoint.  I need to be able to direct the SIP calls via
Kamailio and have the RTP media process through mediaproxy.  I also need
to try and avoid using separate physical media proxy machines for each
SIP provider.

Is it possible to run multiple mediaproxy dispatchers bound to separate
IP addresses, and run multiple relays with IP addresses corresponding to
the various dispatcher subnets.  Basically I want to identify pools of
mediaproxy servers and choose them based on the provider origination or
termination.

Alternatively we could use RTP Proxy, though we do not have as much
experience with RTP Proxy.

Any suggestions that you may have is appreciated.

Thanks
Stagg