[SR-Users] Reverse Filterlists idea

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Oct 20 10:54:55 CEST 2010

On 10/18/2010 07:09 PM, "Nicolas Rüger" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Marius Zbihlei has patched the userblacklist module, so that it can handle characters as well (NOT in main release 3.1 yet). Thanks Marius.
>
> Therefore it might now be possible to filter general SIP-URIs!??
>

> My idea is simple and described here. Please give some Feedback!!!
>

> As the "prefix"-functionality up to now was referring to SIP-URIs consisting of digits (=real telephon numbers) like
>
>   004930123456 at 1and1.de
>
> the general URI might be something like
>
>    user_123 at server.domain.de
>
> So far the "prefix"-functionality works because usernames that are real telephone numbers, that always start with country-code, followed by town- or regional-code and end with a unique number of the user (in this example 0049=Germany, (0)30=Berlin, 123456=user's unique number).
>
> To use "prefix"-functionality with general (including non-digits) URIs it must be evaluated reverse (from back to front) as the domain ends with the country- or top-level-domain and becomes more detailed the reverse way.

Hello,

I understand your need, and it seems a fairly good feature request. I
have a few worries. I don't agree with evaluating everything in reverse.
I think usernames are to be evaluated in normal order, and only
domain(DNS part), if present should be evaluated in reverse. So when
trying to match user_123 at server.domain.de (as prefix field) it should be
matched by either user_12 or  .domain.de . Wouldn't this make more sense?
What do you think?
> So the IDEA is:
>
> Insert the domain as prefix in userblacklist-table in reverse, to use the functionality.
>
> I would use a perl-script to reverse the SIP-URI of the calling party in routing logic and then check it against the already reverted domain in the userblacklist-table.
>
> Do you think this is a good/well-working idea???

This looks to me like a hack. I was thinking that the userblacklist
module should better provide this match instead of the script writer
hacking with some perl. I "direction" parameter might do the trick, but
this will require some big changes to this and dtrie. This also affects
every module that uses dtrie in its implementation like carrierroute and
so on(They all do prefix matching).

As Henning W. already said in the previous thread, until now there
wasn't  much need for doing this, as interoperability with PSTN caused
using a user scheme resembling classic telephony.

Marius