[SR-Users] Reverse Filterlists idea

"Nicolas Rüger" NicolasRueger at gmx.de
Mon Oct 18 18:09:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

Marius Zbihlei has patched the userblacklist module, so that it can handle characters as well (NOT in main release 3.1 yet). Thanks Marius.

Therefore it might now be possible to filter general SIP-URIs!??

My idea is simple and described here. Please give some Feedback!!!

As the "prefix"-functionality up to now was referring to SIP-URIs consisting of digits (=real telephon numbers) like

 004930123456 at 1and1.de

the general URI might be something like

  user_123 at server.domain.de

So far the "prefix"-functionality works because usernames that are real telephone numbers, that always start with country-code, followed by town- or regional-code and end with a unique number of the user (in this example 0049=Germany, (0)30=Berlin, 123456=user's unique number).

To use "prefix"-functionality with general (including non-digits) URIs it must be evaluated reverse (from back to front) as the domain ends with the country- or top-level-domain and becomes more detailed the reverse way.

So the IDEA is:

Insert the domain as prefix in userblacklist-table in reverse, to use the functionality.

I would use a perl-script to reverse the SIP-URI of the calling party in routing logic and then check it against the already reverted domain in the userblacklist-table.

Do you think this is a good/well-working idea???

Any concerns or suggestions are appreciated...

Regards,

Nicolas

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit