[SR-Users] Doubs about using append_branch ...

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 26 08:02:03 CEST 2010

On 07/26/2010 01:59 AM, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> On Monday 26 July 2010 06:21:56 Alex Balashov wrote:

>>> Umm ... again confused ... does the execution of the cfg continues AFTER
>>> the append_branch call,just on the next line ... or it "begins"
>>> on "t_on_branch()"?
>>
>> The first one.
>
> So ... both branches continues at the same point, with the only difference
> that one have $ru = $avp(s:followme) ... uff ... I'll have to elavorate a
> little more because that point of the .cfg it's also reached with a "normal"
> call to $avp(s:followme) ...      :-\

It might be more helpful to think of it as: execution continues right
where it was in the request route, but a branch route is also later
called right before the message is forwarded on the given branch, not
in parallel, where certain branch-specific parameters can be tweaked
at the last moment, or certain branch-specific actions taken.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC