[SR-Users] Load Balancing REDIRECT

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Jul 16 16:47:47 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 13 July 2010, dotnetdub wrote:
>> we're using a pool of identical kamailio load balancers in front of our
>> systems, requests are distributed to it by routing means or DNS. If one of
>> this system fails or needs to be removed out of the pool (e.g. for
>> maintenance) we just move its IP adress to one of the other active or spare
>> machines. For more planned maintenance you can of course also use DNS to
>>  shift load from one machine to another.
>
>> Sorry to butt in on this conversation. What is the recommended way to
>>  achieve failover and redundancy?
>>
>> I know of some solutions running Heartbeat and DRBD and also some people
>>  use SRV records and DRBD or MYSQL replication.
>>
>> What is the recommended way of achieving high availability SR scenarios.

Hi Brian,

well, i don't think there is one canonical solution to this problem. We use
basically everything of the technologies you mentioned above in one part of
our system or another. ;-) It depends e.g. on your setup, your load, your
customer requirements, your internal organisation..

Cheers,

Henning