[SR-Users] Load Balancing REDIRECT

dotnetdub dotnetdub at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:09:59 CEST 2010

On 13 July 2010 14:07, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 July 2010, Maw Zin Tun - Real Telekom wrote:
> > Actually it doesn't matter for me if it's active-passive as well. Just
> need
> > to make sure no disaster since my whole SBC is depending on kamailio
> > redirect server for passing traffic. Outbound route selection is mainly
> >  done by mySQL queries and my SBC, Genband S3 has ability to distribute
> >  invite to redirect servers. Do you think having two kamailio servers
> lined
> >  to culstered mySQL server is simplest and most reliable solution? Or any
> >  other better approach?
> > Thanks,
>
> Hi Maw,
>
> we're using a pool of identical kamailio load balancers in front of our
> systems, requests are distributed to it by routing means or DNS. If one of
> this system fails or needs to be removed out of the pool (e.g. for
> maintenance) we just move its IP adress to one of the other active or spare
> machines. For more planned maintenance you can of course also use DNS to
> shift
> load from one machine to another.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Henning
>

> Hi List,

Sorry to butt in on this conversation. What is the recommended way to
achieve failover and redundancy?

I know of some solutions running Heartbeat and DRBD and also some people use
SRV records and DRBD or MYSQL replication.

What is the recommended way of achieving high availability SR scenarios.

Cheers.
Brian