[SR-Users] UAC, parsing auth header failed

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jul 2 09:05:40 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 02:54 AM, Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:

> My target is checking for their domain in From: header. Can I use some
> transactional rewrite, which can automatically rewrite this change back?
> I tryed to use t_on_reply without success yet.

It is not something a proxy is supposed to be able to do, but the
'uac' module provides this functionality in the form of
uac_replace_from().  Check out the first three module parameters; they
relate to various aspects of statefully rewriting the From header
between endpoints A and B in such a way that A does not know about it.

> Is it normal behaviour to check for existence of From header and only allow
> target's domain? I need to make a trunk between our voip site and target's,
> so I think it's normal, that our domains are different.

It varies.  It is a common practice, though.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC