[SR-Users] About building ACD

Neill Wilkinson neill.wilkinson at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 1 09:51:53 CEST 2010

Problem is, IMHO, (no disrespect to SER/Kamailio or community), its a case
of the best application for the job, SER is a proxy/registrar not really
designed for queuing calls.

The agents don't all have to been on a single server - and if you did want
to put them all on a single server - boy I wouldn't recommend that anyway.
If you spread the calls and Spread the agents across multiple servers and
use AGI for example on Asterisk to link the logins/events you're in much
better architectural shape. Also make sure where you can off load the media
once customer are talking to agents.

I'm sure something like ViciDial (http://www.vicidial.com/) would suite the
job much better, or more specifically multiple servers containing ViciDial.
1000 agents is not a small under taking. If you want to do screen-pops and
CRM integration - that's also separate web servers to front the events from
the queues and agents.

Neill....;o)

Aeonvista Ltd
Opening Up New Ideas