[SR-Users] sip-router licensing and commercial usage

Pascal Maugeri pascal.maugeri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:10:22 CEST 2009

Hi

I have read carefully the licensing page of sip-router (
http://sip-router.org/licensing/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsip-router%2Eorg%2Flicensing%2F&urlhash=BgZp&_t=disc_detail_link>)
and I still have some doubts.

So, as an excuse to start my first discussion in this forum, here is my
two-fold question:

a) my company wants to sell a SIP based platform to its customers. The
solution includes, hardware, some proprietary applications and a SIP
application using sip-router as a SIP proxy/Registrar

b) my company wants to provide the same service in an ASP model.

In both cases, I would like to understand what my company should pay to
sip-router "owners" if there is any royalty to be paid and what are the
consequences to the license and my company source code.

In both cases, I would like to understand

1) If my company must pay any royalty or other cost to the SIP-Router
"owners"

2) If the code developed by my company on top of SIP-Router must also be
licensed under the same SIP-Router licence "

Best regards,
Pascal