[Kamailio-Users] avpops OR sqlops

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Dec 24 13:02:08 CET 2009

On 12/24/2009 06:59 AM, Henning Westerholt wrote:

> On Wed, December 23, 2009 9:52 am, alex pappas wrote:
>> In the server I'm running Kamailio I have a good CPU(4 cores) and 2G
>> memory but for reading or writing to the disk i have a big problem.Is a
>> blade server with very bad disk which they do also software raid 1. Even
>> if I try to write in the log file of kamailio I get such  a high load
>> that I cannot pass the 10 CPS.
>
> Hey Alex,
>
> ok, this is indeed a really bad disk. :) Regarding the slow logging, you
> could check the syslog configuration if its configured to write
> asynchronously (there should be a  "-" in front of the log statement in
> syslog.conf). And also check if you perhaps not use a to high log level in
> the kamailio cfg.

Oh, so that's what the '-' does.  Thanks Henning, one learns something
new every day from you.  :-)

Alex - this server is not a Dell Poweredge 2850/2950 with a PERC 5i, is
it?  I have run into a bug on a few of these where I/O causes enormous
blocking/waiting, and discovered it by turning off syslogging and
watching the 'waiting' portion of the load to go down.  It was necessary
to replace the defective PERC to fix the problem.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems