[Serusers] Need way to specify SOURCE IP address on packets of SIP messages being emitted by SER

Greger Viken Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sun Mar 30 13:42:50 CEST 2008

I think you didn't understand my suggestion on iptables. You can use ser
to set fictive dst ip addresses before you t_relay and then use routing
rules in iptables that changes the fictive IP. You don't have to set IPs
on the interfaces as this will be dst IP.

lcr module and many other modules (i.e. domain) load data from mysql on
start-up and upon a reload command coming in the management interface.
So, you can update the lcr table and send a reload command to the module
without restarting ser.  Of course, adding an iptables command requires
no reloading.

In general, if you need to change ser.cfg regularly, you have made some
wrong design choices. Agreed, this was harder in 0.9 as you had less
tools (i.e. modules, avpairs, selects) at hand.

g-)