[Serusers] Need way to specify SOURCE IP address on packets of SIP messages being emitted by SER

Olaf Bergmann Olaf.Bergmann at freenet.ag
Thu Mar 13 11:40:15 CET 2008

Frank Durda IV wrote:

> place where some just actually said something like "2.0.0 IS
> RELEASED AND CAN BE SAFELY RELIED ON AND IT ISN'T BETA".  :-)

I know of at least one company with a reasonable user base and call
volume that has started using the CVS-head of the to-be-2.0-version
of SER (Ottendorf) long time ago and had no(!) crash since then.
Whether it is beta or not does not matter if the code quality is good.

When I faced a similar problem as you apparently do (but with a
small number of distinct interfaces---i.e. ~10), I looked into the
lcr module but found that it did not actually solve my problem since
it requires database connections. As the raw SQL queries do not work
well with the dbtext backend, I decided to create my own module to
map request sources to backend interface addresses based on a simple
patch from Hendrik Scholz for the domain module (to read values from
a text file rather than an SQL database since dbtext does not work
with this as well).

Regards,
Olaf