[Serusers] SER performance bottleneck ?

fang, tian tianfang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:59:27 CET 2008

Hi  dear friends,
         We tried to benchmarking IPtel SER 0.9.6 on Intel xeon CPU based
computer recently,but we met a problem about poort performance.For example
on a computer configured with Intel 2*sossaman CPU (four cores)+2G ddr2-400
memory+100M Ethernet card, we didn't configure any database,and registered
with only 1-2 users,and we use SIPP 3.0 as the call generator ,but we can
only see about 3,000 calls per second for a very simply built-in scenario
in SIPP(UAC+UAS),and the CPU idle percentage is about 70-80%.if we tried to
increase the call rate ,we got failure calls.

          We tried to enlarge the memory to 768M for SER,and limited the ser
processes number on each port from 8 to 4,and we also made some improvement
on config.h & Makefile.defs,but didn't get big improvement on performance .
          If anybody could help me on this,I will appreciate a lot.

Thanks
Fang tian.