[OpenSER-Users] Implement Lawful intercept between UA's?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Mar 31 13:15:05 CEST 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Raju Abhyankar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using openser-1.1.1-tls and have several UA's
> connected and traversing NAT using Mediaproxy. All
> works fine. When these UA's make a call to PSTN I use
> asterisk and it provides the ability to intercept or
> listen in to the call as required for lawful
> interception.
>
> Is there a way to also intercept or listen in to calls
> between two UA's when asterisk is not required?

Hi,

if you want to intercept media, then you need some solution to handle this
stream for you. OpenSER care only about the SIP signaling as you probably
know. So if you already proxy the media in the p2p case through your
infrastructure, you just need a network sniffer to intercept the call data.
Otherwise you need to place an additional media proxy "between" the two UAs.

Cheers,

Henning