[OpenSER-Users] Relaying to outbound proxy

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 02:21:44 CET 2008

I've looked over the RFC and the module and while they describe a slightly
different scenario (with a load balancer and separate registrars), it seems
like it should work.

I've added the required parameters to the config:

modparam("registrar", "use_path", 1)
modparam("registrar", "path_mode", 0)
modparam("registrar", "path_use_received", 1)
modparam("path", "use_received", 1)

Then, in my auth section, I store the path:

if (is_method("REGISTER")) {
            add_path();

This does not seem to do anything however, the proxy still forwards directly
to the client instead of sending it to the proper outbound proxy. I looked
in the location table and I see path is set to NULL so unless this is stored
in some other place, the proxy would not know where to send it anyway.

Have you used this? Am I doing something wrong? I could not find on this
list or anywhere a sample openser config that uses it...

Thanks.