[OpenSER-Users] Relaying to outbound proxy

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Mar 16 00:12:30 CET 2008

El Domingo, 16 de Marzo de 2008, Adrian A escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up multiple OpenSER proxies in different locations to server a
> SIP domain. The proxies use a shared location database so they always know
> where to send requests to the client when an incoming call hits either one.
> The clients have the outbound proxy set to whichever one is closest to
> them.

> The problem is that because the clients are NAT they do not receive
> the request if the proxy IP that sends it is not the same as the one they
> have set as the outbound proxy. The NAT will reject the request because it
> does not arrive from the same IP that the connection was established to.

There is a RFC to solve your problem and a module for OpenSer. It's called
PATH:

- SIP Extension Header Field for Registering Non-Adjacent Contacts :
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3327
- http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/path.html

Also you need to set some options in "registrar" module.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo