[OpenSER-Users] ERROR:core:main: bad user name/uid number: -u openser

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 16:55:01 CET 2008

Hi Shine.

What is the value of parameter listen on your configuration file?
Through that parameter, you define what is the socket your server will use
to listen for traffic. Usually, you set this to the main IP address of your
server, and the standar port of SIP, which is 5060.

In my case for instance, it is: listen = udp:200.13.225.243:5060

# netstat -an | grep 5060
200.13.225.243.5060                       Idle

If you do not see the socket you configured on the output of netstat -an, it
is possible that your openser do not be starting successfully.

Regards.

Sergio Gutiérrez