[OpenSER-Users] "noisy_ctimer" parameter in TM module

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 3 20:12:02 CET 2008

El Lunes, 3 de Marzo de 2008, Jiri Kuthan escribió:
> >http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sparks-sip-invfix-01#section-8.2
> >      When a response is received by an element, it first tries to
> >      locate a client transaction (Section 17.1.3) matching the
> >      response.  If none is found, the element MUST NOT forward the
> >      response.  If a transaction is found, the response is handed to
> >      the client transaction.
>
> That's true, but I respectfuly disagree with this suggestion. Anyhow, at
> the moment it is merely an Internet Draft under discussion.
>
> >So, in case the Timer is expired in OpenSer it MUST drop any reply
> > received after it.
>
> By RFC3261 (and by my common sense), that's not the case.

Yes, but the fact is that many proxies implement this behaviour (same as the
suggested in the draft) in some propietary/custom way.
For example, what about OpenSer?
In case the timer expires and OpenSer doesn't generate a CANCEL, will OpenSer
forward stateless a future reply?
Also, since OpenSer generated the "408 timeout", in the case the later 200 OK
arrives to the caller it will be discarted, so...

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo