[OpenSER-Users] Setting smaller register "expires" value for TCP

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Mar 1 22:53:07 CET 2008

El Sábado, 1 de Marzo de 2008, Juha Heinanen escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>  > Certainly, I don't know which is the typical "x" value (i.e. Twinkle
>  > 1.2 that suports TCP mantains TCP connection for 32 seconds).
>
> twinkle 1.2 has not been released, so i don't know about it.

Really...? It's still alpha version but... ENJOY IT !!!!

  http://www.twinklephone.com/download/twinkle-1.2alpha.tar.gz

It has TCP and allows setting "q" value for REGISTER  ;)

> if i
> remember correctly, outbound internet draft specifies that ua using tcp
> should keep tcp connection open to its outbound proxies forever and send
> keepalive CRLF packets every 20 seconds or so.

I've asked to Twinkle developer and Twinkle mantains TCP connection for 32
seconds just because 32 = T1 (0.5) x 64       XDDDD
This is, Twinkle doesn't implement the "outbound" draft, but RFC3261 (and its
lack for TCP clients behind NAT). But sure it will implement it :)

> i don't have the draft available and cannot check.

I will try to read it tomorrow:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-12

Best regards.

--