[OpenSER-Users] Implementing Follow-me

Dan-Cristian Bogos danb.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:54:55 CET 2008

Hello Cosimo,

I have successfully developed such Follow-Me systems with only using
openser, not sure if my scenarios fits you so I will depict it bellow:
1. User sets his follow me number via a web interface, sms, email, ivr, etc
(in case of ivrs you need to write your own module in one of the media
servers - I prefer sems to do that).
2. User has assigned an incoming global number(DDI).
3. When the user receives a call to his global number, the call will hit
openser.
4. Openser checks the ddi inside aliases (dbalias) and replace it with the
number set on step 1.
5. Openser sends out the call to pstn gateway with the new number (or in any
other location, even to mediaserver  in case of voicemail or inband
announcements).

An important point will be here setting up proper accounting (you cannot
have control on external user so you can bill him for the second leg pstn
call), therefore you need to use some tricks:
1. Replace the billing-party with the username called in step 3.
2. Use openser multi-accounting capability in order to get the second leg
billing.

Hope the info helps.

With regards,
DanB