[OpenSER-Users] Implementing Follow-me

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 13 06:46:30 CET 2008

Cosimo Fadda wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm very new to this list.
> In my setup I use openser as proxy an asterisk as pstn gateway.
> I want to implement a 'follow-me' service, i.e. I want users to dial a
> particular number and then
> they can enter a phone number where receive their incoming calls.
> So which is the best solution: use asterisk to perform a lookup in the
> DB and decide to which number route the call,
> ore use openser maybe with the 'exec_dset' command?
> Or there is a command that I'm missing that can implement this function?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cosimo

You probably want to use Asterisk or some other back-to-back user agent
for this, because many PSTN gateways will not take kindly to having call
legs looped back into them with the same corresponding IDs and tags that
characterise the outgoing SIP leg to OpenSER built to broker the
transaction.

Unless you use different PSTN gateways for inbound and outbound, of
course.  In that case, you can use OpenSER and just do a database lookup
and rewrite the SIP destination URI with the new number.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems