[Serusers] RTPProxy

Ladislav Andel ladaan at iptel.org
Tue Feb 12 19:49:06 CET 2008

Hi Patrick,
sorry for the delayed response.

Strassburger, Patrick wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there an easy way to disable RTPProxy for certain calls eg. based
> on called number?
> Am using the ser.cfg from
> _http://www.iptel.org/ser/howtos/optimizing_the_use_of_rtp_proxy_.

I'm the author of the document. However, it is a little bit outdated
with the current CVS version of SER.
What version of SER do you use?

> For whatever reason all calls are passing the RTPProxy.
> - I would like to disable the RTPProxy for calls where I know the
> destination is able to handle NAT.

Can your clients use STUN?  Do they support passive attribute?
If your NAT between your SER and UA is not symmetric, it should work.
Otherwise, RTPproxy is necessary.

> - For calls where I know both UAT are behind the same NAT.
>         As soon as I update the realm of those clients with whatever
> value beside the ser IP adress, those useres cannot login anymore.

That's strange, it should not affect the registration of your clients.
I'll try to set up CVS SER for tests and see if I hit any problems.

Lada