[Serusers] Unix Socket Problem

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Wed Apr 2 13:11:10 CEST 2008

Hello,

frq ser wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your reply Stefan and my apologies for coming back to this
> issue after such a long time. As you suggested, I included SDP headers
> in my Sipsak INVITE msg and the SEMS seems to like it. I am trying to
> play the announcement using a INVITE message to SEMS at :5070. The SEMS
> sends a 200 OK message, but no audio was being played. In the log, I got
> these messages (just including the important messages)...
>
> ..
> (17358) DEBUG: execute (AmInterfaceHandler.cpp:172): Request OK:
> dispatch it!
> (17358) DEBUG: getAnnounceFile (Announcement.cpp:79): trying
> '/usr/local/lib/sems/audio/192.168.3.208/200.wav
> <http://192.168.3.208/200.wav>'
> (17358) DEBUG: getAnnounceFile (Announcement.cpp:84): trying
> '/usr/local/lib/sems/audio/200.wav'
> ..
> ..
> (17358) DEBUG: getCompatiblePayloads (AmSdp.cpp:348): using global
> address: 192.168.3.208 <http://192.168.3.208/>
> (17358) DEBUG: negotiate (AmSession.cpp:262): remote party doesn't
> support telephone events
>
> Seeing the last line, I then used an Xlite softphone (instead of sipsak)
> to contact SEMS. Again, the call gets established for about 10 seconds
> and then just gets disconnected and no audio can be heard. Nothing in
To me the logs look normal. seems like it plays the announcement and
then hangs up, as it should. the default_en.wav (or 200.wav, if you've
copied it there), is only a few seconds long. are you sure that audio is
setup correctly (volume etc), i.e. does the xlite test call work? if you
call e.g. sip:conference at iptel.org, do you hear something?

can you run tcpdump -i any or run wireshark to see whether packets flow
between SEMS and xlite?

you could also PM me a wireshark dump so i could have a look at what's
going on.

Stefan

> the SEMS log (see below) suggests that there is any problem (as far as I
> can understand). I've checked that the file
> /usr/local/lib/sems/audio/200.wav is present and I can play it directly
> in Linux using play command. (The file 200.wav is just a copy of
> default_en.wav file)
>
> I just want to know why the announcement file is not being played and
> why the call between softphone and SEMS just gets disconnected after a
> while. I am sure it would be something very basic :(
>
> Thanks a lot for your help
> Frq

Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services