[Serusers] Unix Socket Problem

frq ser frq.ser at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:57:45 CEST 2008

Hi

Thanks for your reply Stefan and my apologies for coming back to this issue
after such a long time. As you suggested, I included SDP headers in my
Sipsak INVITE msg and the SEMS seems to like it. I am trying to play the
announcement using a INVITE message to SEMS at :5070. The SEMS sends a 200
OK message, but no audio was being played. In the log, I got these messages
(just including the important messages)...

..
(17358) DEBUG: execute (AmInterfaceHandler.cpp:172): Request OK: dispatch
it!
(17358) DEBUG: getAnnounceFile (Announcement.cpp:79): trying
'/usr/local/lib/sems/audio/192.168.3.208/200.wav'
(17358) DEBUG: getAnnounceFile (Announcement.cpp:84): trying
'/usr/local/lib/sems/audio/200.wav'
..
..
(17358) DEBUG: getCompatiblePayloads (AmSdp.cpp:348): using global address:
192.168.3.208
(17358) DEBUG: negotiate (AmSession.cpp:262): remote party doesn't support
telephone events

Seeing the last line, I then used an Xlite softphone (instead of sipsak) to
contact SEMS. Again, the call gets established for about 10 seconds and then
just gets disconnected and no audio can be heard. Nothing in the SEMS log
(see below) suggests that there is any problem (as far as I can understand).
I've checked that the file /usr/local/lib/sems/audio/200.wav is present and
I can play it directly in Linux using play command. (The file 200.wav is
just a copy of default_en.wav file)

I just want to know why the announcement file is not being played and why
the call between softphone and SEMS just gets disconnected after a while. I
am sure it would be something very basic :(

Thanks a lot for your help
Frq