[Serusers] Call Forward Redirection By server(SER)

Cyprian Clement cyprian_clement at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 25 14:34:11 CEST 2007

Hello Community,

I have managed to setup my SER to do serial forking(CFU) by simply intercepting the incoming INVITE and generating a new INVITE to a user that is different from the one contained in the original invite. This means the user ID of the Request URI generated by the SER is different from that of the original/received RURI.

I am currently working on the Call Forward (CFU, CFB, CFNA) scenarios. I would like to configure the SER in such a way that it generates the 302 message back to the caller and this 302 contains the contact of the third party that the caller needs to get in touch with. Basically, the caller should generate a new INVITE to this third party since the intended target has had his phone activated with the CF feature.

I currently managed to get the SER do the serial forking(i.e. without sending back the 302) using the AVPops madule as instructed in the User Guide.

Does the AVPops do the redirection too? if yes, then I will really appreciate to hear your helping info on how to achieve this.

Many thanks in advance.

Cyp.
--------PS: if anything is unclear I can clarify.

now.