[Serusers] Status of Ottendorf and Presence

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Mar 28 20:30:51 CEST 2007

On Mar 28, 2007 at 19:34, Jiri Kuthan <jiri at iptel.org> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I think it is fair to consider Ottendorf finished. The only important reason (apart from better documentation)
> for not having declared Ottendorf to be "officially" released is we are conservatively awaiting feedback from
> some friendly bigger sites which have deployed it. Happily, we have not received complaints so far. I think
> it will take four more weeks for us to collect critical amount of feedback to feel comfortable declaring
> the release as "officialy final". For those who are not running 100k subsribers on a box and are not patient
> enough to wait for more documentation, I can only recommend to go ahead now.
>
> -jiri

I would add that the missing parts are:
- documentation update
- ser libraries building fixes: the libraries fail to build on several
 systems (but they build ok on linux and I think on BSDs too). This
 matters only if you use presence related modules (dialog, pa, rls,
 presence_b2b, xcap).
- a check to see if all the fixes that made it into unstable after we
  branched 2.0 were backported (I think some tls stuff might still be
  missing).

Andrei