[Serusers] Status of Ottendorf and Presence

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Mar 28 19:34:48 CEST 2007

Steve,

I think it is fair to consider Ottendorf finished. The only important reason (apart from better documentation)
for not having declared Ottendorf to be "officially" released is we are conservatively awaiting feedback from
some friendly bigger sites which have deployed it. Happily, we have not received complaints so far. I think
it will take four more weeks for us to collect critical amount of feedback to feel comfortable declaring
the release as "officialy final". For those who are not running 100k subsribers on a box and are not patient
enough to wait for more documentation, I can only recommend to go ahead now.

-jiri