[Serusers] SER + Prepaid with Radius AAA.

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Wed Mar 21 12:37:41 CET 2007

You are correct. There are several workarounds for this, but for the most part, what you need is some sort of B2BUA functionality.  Essentially, the call needs to go through a UAS that DOES keep track.  The new SEMS is supposed to have some of this functionality, although I don't know much about it.  Some people use Asterisk (with Asterisk B2BUA).  We ended up writing our own Asterisk B2BUA as the Asterisk B2BUA code from sourceforge had things in it we neither wanted nor used and their patches never seem to be up to date on the later versions of Asterisk (current code out there works in a guaranteed way only for Asterisk 1.2.1, though it wasn't until after 1.2.9.1 that we had to seriously rewrite the patch). The sourceforge code works, though, for earlier versions of Asterisk, and is an excellent starting place if you've little desire to write the whole thing yourself.

The concept of using Asterisk is pretty simple:  call gets forwarded from SER to an Asterisk AGI program (C, Perl, etc) that does all the magic.  The easiest way is to do a balance check when the call comes in to determine the cost of the outgoing call and check how much time a person has left on the call based on how much money is in their account. Then, just set up an Asterisk Dial command with the appropriate timeout and let the server take care of the rest.  There are tricks to this, of course. Unless you're somehow updating call credit and call timeout on the fly, you'll need to limit the incoming calls to one at a time for each account, or it's easy for someone to call with multiple phones and rob you of cash.

N.

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:27:27 +0530, Shafraz Thawfeek wrote