[Serusers] SER + Prepaid with Radius AAA.

Shafraz Thawfeek shafraz at tseyva.com
Wed Mar 21 07:57:27 CET 2007

Hello All,

Its really feels nice to have joined the list. I'm in the process of
deploying a SER based solution for prepaid users. We're using a FreeRadius
based billing solution from a provider. If I'm not mistaken, SER is not
aware of the call state, what this means to me is, in case the user account
on the radius runs out of credit, SER will not know about it and will not be
able to disconnect the call. Am I correct on this?

If I am correct, I would like to know what would be the workaround for this?
I'm I am wrong, then I would like to know on how we could get the call
disconnection working?

I have a Nextone which would be sitting in front of the SER and acting as a
Mirror Proxy for SER. The purpose of this is to overcome NAT traversal
issues and free SER from that. Nextone doesn't understand or talk radius.
SER will be the registrar and handle AAA. The user call will be sent back
into the Nextone and then terminated from there. SER will not be handling
media. If to get my disconnect upon credit exhaust scenario working, what
changes should I introduce into my existing network model?

Thank you.

Shaf.