[Serusers] SER -> PSTN Gateway+NAT: BYE handling problem

Fabio Macchi f.macchi at keeptelecom.com
Thu Mar 15 18:34:09 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm running the following schema:

UA ( possibly natted ) -> SER -> PSTN Gateway

I have a problem with UA belonging to a particular network with private
address not RFC1918 compliant ( class 1.x.x.x ), SER and PSTN Gateway have
pubblic address.

The problem is that, after a succesfull call, if the PSTN gateway send a BYE
to SER, then SER forward BYE to the private address of UA instead of pubblic
one.

I don't understand which is the section that handle BYE messages and how can
I solve this problem: anyone may help ?

Second, another question: with this particular network I had problem with
INVITE too, because SER was sending "proxy authorization request" to the
wrong TCP port. To solve this, I've moved the nat handling ( with
force_rport ) before the proxy_authorize block and it's working, but why
this is not necessary on standard RFC1918 compliant natted address ?

Many thanks for any explanation

Fabio