[Users] Re: OpenSER + Asterisk - Music On Hold

Edoardo Serra edoardo.serra at webrainstorm.it
Mon Mar 12 13:10:09 CET 2007

Daniel,
	thanks for your interest in the problem.

I better analyzed the problem and found the point in it.
I try to describe where I guess the problem is

When one of our users receive a call from the PSTN, the PSTN Gateway
(Asterisk) sends an INVITE at username at openser, the INVITE is correctly
forwarded to the user and the call is set up without problems.
(RTP from PSTN gw to USER and SIP through OpenSER)

When the user wants to put the caller OnHold it sends an INVITE to
OpenSER but OpenSER forwards the INVITE to one of the PSTN GW using
dispatcher module.
This way, if the INVITE is not forwarded to the PSTN GW which is
handling the call a second call is generated.

Do you have any suggestion ?
Every kind of help is appreciated.

Sorry for not having sent a network capture, but is quite difficult to
prepare such a capture on our system because it's always very busy

Hoping to hear from you soon

Regards

Edoardo