[Serusers] PRESENCE - Urgent help needed

Vaclav Kubart vaclav.kubart at iptel.org
Wed Oct 11 18:07:46 CEST 2006

Hi,
comments inline...

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 02:12:42AM -0700, Dave wrote:
> Hi- Can someone please help me with presence related
> issues? I have two servers. First one is acting as
> proxy (ser0.9.6) and the second has the presence
> snapshot installed. I am forwarding SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH
> from Proxy to Presence Server.
>
> 1) Do I need to forward registrations coming to Proxy
> to the Presence? OR can I simply  point the db_url of
> the Presence to the Proxy location table?

The db_url solution will NOT work.

> 2) How can I forward registration requests coming to
> Proxy to the Presence in case I need to do that?

I haven't try it yet...

> 3) IN presence handbook there is the following command
> ./ser_domain add test-domain.com test
>
> What is test? Documentation says it is a DID. But what
> does this do in SER?

This example creates a domain "test-domain.com" named "test" ("test" is
DID i.e.  Domain ID - identifies SER domain - it is used for example in
URI table).

> 4) I am able to upload list.xml, rls.xml , etc. using
> the upload script in presence handbook BUT when I try
> so with eyebeam, I get an error? Any ideas what I need
> to do.

In EyeBeam you have to check "using XCAP" and put right XCAP root there.
Then it will store "buddy-lists" on XCAP server....

	Vaclav