[Serusers] How to start a VOIP business ?

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Jun 19 10:21:07 CEST 2006

It's a fairly big questions you're asking. But basically you're onto it ;-)
Ad 1. You should go for something newer than 9.0
Ad 2. You need to decide on your maintenance schedule and policies for
upgrades/patching etc. Many larger-scale deployments are based on SER
0.9.x because a) it has proven extremely stable b) it is currently
maintained for bug and security fixes and will be for a while. Others
choose openser to get more features, but you need to make sure that you
can handle testing and deployment of new versions more often.
Ad 3. You need a RADIUS server with a user database or you can use mysql
(you need mysql regardless of using RADIUS or not)

g-)