[Serusers] How to start a VOIP business ?

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Wed Jun 21 02:21:15 CEST 2006

On Mon June 19 2006 18:21, "Greger V. Teigre" <greger at teigre.com> wrote:
> It's a fairly big questions you're asking. But basically you're onto it
> ;-) Ad 1. You should go for something newer than 9.0
> Ad 2. You need to decide on your maintenance schedule and policies for
> upgrades/patching etc. Many larger-scale deployments are based on SER
> 0.9.x because a) it has proven extremely stable b) it is currently
> maintained for bug and security fixes and will be for a while. Others
> choose openser to get more features, but you need to make sure that you
> can handle testing and deployment of new versions more often.
> Ad 3. You need a RADIUS server with a user database or you can use mysql
> (you need mysql regardless of using RADIUS or not)
>
> g-)

Hi there Greger. I'm curious as to why a RADIUS server is required. Is this
for billing purposes?
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.