R: [Serusers] SER with 2 ethernet + PSTN gateway: RTPPROXY bridge mode conf

Fabio Macchi f.macchi at keeptelecom.com
Thu Jul 13 17:32:32 CEST 2006

Greger, thanks for you answer, it helped to place order in my confused
ideas.

About the bug you mentionated,  has it been fixed in the cvs stable branch (
rel_0_8_14 , currently I have upgraded to this release ) or I have to
install the main unstable branch ?

I’ve sniffed a call from the SER interface connected to the GW: it appears
that the entire SIP negotiation on this side ( I mean source IP address of
UDP packet ) is between the GW ip ( x.x.x.243 ) and the SER IP assigned to
the other interface (10.0.0.1 ) but, if I’m not wrong, I expected a SER UDP
source address x.x.x.246 .  Is this the problem ?  May it depends from the
mentionated bug ?

After successfully SIP negotiation, I see RTP packet from GW -> rtpProxy  (
x.x.x.244 -> x.x.x.246 ) and from client -> rtpproxy ( 10.0.0.2 -> 10.0.0.1
), but rtpproxy is not bridging packets between the two interfaces.

Another question: is there any documentation about the use of
force_rtp_proxy options more complete then nathelper README ?

That document only mentionate force_rtp_proxy("FI") and
force_rtp_proxy("FE") ( hope this is correct in this case ), but in many
example I see force_rtp_proxy("FII") or force_rtp_proxy("FIE") and I don’t
understand the double option.

Many thanks again

Fabio

  _____