R: [Serusers] SER with 2 ethernet + PSTN gateway: RTPPROXY bridge mode conf

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri Jul 14 12:31:33 CEST 2006

Inline.

Fabio Macchi wrote:

> Greger, thanks for you answer, it helped to place order in my confused
> ideas.

Confusion at a higher level, that's what we all are striving for!!

> About the bug you mentionated,  has it been fixed in the cvs stable
> branch ( rel_0_8_14 , currently I have upgraded to this release ) or I
> have to install the main unstable branch ?

Yuo should at least download 0.9.x.
ftp://siprouter.onsip.org/pub/gettingstarted/packages/
I think the fix is only in cvs head, but I'm not sure. Does anybody
know?  I think Jan did the fix.

> I've sniffed a call from the SER interface connected to the GW: it
> appears that the entire SIP negotiation on this side ( I mean source
> IP address of UDP packet ) is between the GW ip ( x.x.x.243 ) and the
> SER IP assigned to the other interface (10.0.0.1 ) but, if I'm not
> wrong, I expected a SER UDP source address x.x.x.246 .  Is this the
> problem ?  May it depends from the mentionated bug ?

Well, if SER is running on two interfaces as well (and not only one
public IP), then you need to turn on multihoming (mhome=yes) and you
should probably turn on double record routing as well (see rr README)
There's also another command in 0.9x where you can actually force a
given interface. I have never used it.

force_send_socket()

> After successfully SIP negotiation, I see RTP packet from GW ->
> rtpProxy  ( x.x.x.244 -> x.x.x.246 ) and from client -> rtpproxy (
> 10.0.0.2 -> 10.0.0.1 ), but rtpproxy is not bridging packets between
> the two interfaces.
>

> Another question: is there any documentation about the use of
> force_rtp_proxy options more complete then nathelper README ?
>
> That document only mentionate force_rtp_proxy("FI") and
> force_rtp_proxy("FE") ( hope this is correct in this case ), but in
> many example I see force_rtp_proxy("FII") or force_rtp_proxy("FIE")
> and I don't understand the double option.

Not that I know of.  However, I searched through my archives and found a
message with a working bridge scenario. For some reason, I don't think
it was put at onsip.org. With the upcoming new iptel.org site, adding
how-tos will be much easier for everybody :-)
Meanwhile, I'll forward the message to the list.
g-)