[Serusers] How to send PSTN CALLs to a NATED PSTN GW?

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Jul 11 20:56:29 CEST 2006

Well, yes no... it's a hack. You are sending calls to many different
uris or one?  And route(1) does a lookup("location")?
Then it will work if you are only sending to one uri. You see, if your
gw is NATed, a received parameter will be added to the contact in
location table.  This received parameter will be used for sending, even
though the ruri is another. fix_nated_register() does this "magic" for
REGISTER.
    For random numbers, you can then change the uri to the actual
destination uri (B-number) and the message will be forwarded to the
received ip and port.  This will NOT work if the GW is not marked as
NATed in your location.

This is a very bad hack for something that should be a simple thing. If
the GW is behind a NAT with a static IP (I hope!) and the NAT allocation
is static, you can rewritehostport("201.133.85.16:5060") as if the GW is
public.
Make any sense?
g-)