[Serusers] How to send PSTN CALLs to a NATED PSTN GW?

Alberto Cruz acruz at tekbrain.com
Tue Jul 11 23:20:18 CEST 2006

Comments in line

Greger V. Teigre wrote:

> Well, yes no... it's a hack. You are sending calls to many different
> uris or one?  And route(1) does a lookup("location")?
> Then it will work if you are only sending to one uri. You see, if your
> gw is NATed, a received parameter will be added to the contact in
> location table.  This received parameter will be used for sending,
> even though the ruri is another. fix_nated_register() does this
> "magic" for REGISTER.

Yes we are sending calls to different uris this means we are calling to
different PSTN numbers. It is because we are using the
"uri=~001[1-9][0-9]{9}@.*" value.
Route(1) is applying the lookup("location")

>    For random numbers, you can then change the uri to the actual
> destination uri (B-number) and the message will be forwarded to the
> received ip and port.  This will NOT work if the GW is not marked as
> NATed in your location.

I don't understand very well this part. Could you give me an example?

> This is a very bad hack for something that should be a simple thing.
> If the GW is behind a NAT with a static IP (I hope!) and the NAT
> allocation is static, you can rewritehostport("201.133.85.16:5060") as
> if the GW is public.
> Make any sense?
> g-)

Unfortunally the GW is behind a NAT with a Dynamic Public IP address.
The only static IP is the private IP assigned to the GW's ethernet
interface. It is because we can't use the rewritehostport( ) function.

Regards

Alberto Cruz