[Serusers] Global Failover Server

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 10:30:20 CEST 2006

Following lines are an extract from the SIPit preliminary report regarding
supported DNS features in current implementations:

>160 people from 16 countries attended SIPit 18 with *73* different SIP
implementations:

>Full 3263                             25
>3263 (no naptr,SRV on)      13
>A only                                  22
>IP only (no DNS)                   9

Which gives a percentage of 38/73 supporting SRV records, so more or less
half of the implementations supports this type of load balancing.

This value should be used with care because implementations include both UAs
and proxies/redirect/* servers.
I can also say that a higher percentage of desktop SIP phones supports DNS
SRVs, but since it's just my impression from the ones I have touched I can
not assure nor give a percentage...

Hope it helps,

Samuel.