[Serusers] lookup(): '' Not found in usrloc

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Sat Feb 25 21:30:53 CET 2006

On Saturday 25 February 2006 20:58, sip wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:48:38 -0500, Kim Culhan wrote
>
> > Is the UA sending the keep-alive doing the wrong thing ?

No. Sending NOTIFY's instead of empty packets is maybe a waste of bandwith but
it is nothing wrong in sending any SIP request for keep alive purposes.

> Is this a Snom phone by any chance? I know they use NOTIFY messages as a
> keep-alive, although a few others do as well. In my config, I have a
> section to handle just that:

From Kim's original mail you can see that it is a Sipura phone which sends the
NOTIFY's. I'm very doubtfull about Snom phones using NOTIFY's for keep alive
purposes, because they send empty packet (4 bytes) for keep alive.

Greetings
  Nils