[Serusers] lookup(): '' Not found in usrloc

sip sip at infinideas.com
Sat Feb 25 20:58:55 CET 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:48:38 -0500, Kim Culhan wrote
> On 2/25/06, Andres <andres at telesip.net> wrote:
> > Kim Culhan wrote:
> >
> > >A UA is trying to send NOTIFY:
> > >
> > >U 1.2.3.4:56839 -> 5.6.7.8:5060
> > >NOTIFY sip:machine.foo.com SIP/2.0.
> > >

> > There is no user in this NOTIFY message.  So there is nothing that SER
> > can lookup.  This is probably just a keep-alive.
>
> Yes I think it is just a keep-alive.
>
> Thanks also to "Michal Matyska" <michal at iptel.org> who wrote:
>
> > Hmmm,
> > could you tell me from the message dump, which user do you want to lookup?
>
> This is what I don't understand, where is the user name located ?
>
> What alternative action is there be if you have:
>
> if (!lookup("location")) {
>                 sl_send_reply("404", "User Not Found -
> lookup_location");                break;        };
>
> So, what causes the lookup in userloc db to fail ?
>
> As Michal points out, for a keep-alive message like this one
> there is no user in the usrloc dbso it must return  a 404 error ?
>
> Is the UA sending the keep-alive doing the wrong thing ?
>
> -kim

Is this a Snom phone by any chance? I know they use NOTIFY messages as a
keep-alive, although a few others do as well. In my config, I have a section
to handle just that:

if((method=="NOTIFY") && search("^Event: keep-alive"))
        {
                sl_send_reply("200", "OK");
                break;
        };