[Serusers] lookup(): '' Not found in usrloc

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Sat Feb 25 22:22:57 CET 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:30:53 +0100, Nils Ohlmeier wrote
> On Saturday 25 February 2006 20:58, sip wrote:
> > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:48:38 -0500, Kim Culhan wrote
> >
> > > Is the UA sending the keep-alive doing the wrong thing ?
>
> No. Sending NOTIFY's instead of empty packets is maybe a waste of
> bandwith but it is nothing wrong in sending any SIP request for keep
> alive purposes.
>
> > Is this a Snom phone by any chance? I know they use NOTIFY messages as a
> > keep-alive, although a few others do as well. In my config, I have a
> > section to handle just that:
>
> >From Kim's original mail you can see that it is a Sipura phone which sends the
> NOTIFY's. I'm very doubtfull about Snom phones using NOTIFY's for
> keep alive purposes, because they send empty packet (4 bytes) for
> keep alive.

I've got a Snom 200 that sends a NOTIFY for keep-alive. It's running an OLD
version of the Snom firmware, though, so I can maintain some for compatibility
testing with some of our old business clients.

It always kind of bothered me that it would send a whole message, but
whatever. I don't write the code. ;)

N.