[Serusers] Realtime Call Monitoring

lists at infoway.net lists at infoway.net
Thu Dec 21 00:23:45 CET 2006

We basically offer virtual IP Centrex solutions. We are thinking of moving
away from Asterisk for most, if not all, of the standard services we offer
(e.g. voicemail, forward, follow-me, conference, IVR, auto-attendant, etc)
and just keep in Asterisk our call center services.

We use FOP to give, mainly, our call center customers a "real-time" view
of what's going on with the phones, agents, etc. in a user-friendly
graphical display.

However, we do have a few corporate clients who we have offered FOP as a
mean of "digitizing" a receptionist console so the receptionist can see,
very quickly and easily, which extensions are busy or not. We are not
necessarily interested in the advanced features FOP offers, such as
drag-and-drop transfers, forwards, conferences, etc.

So, the question remains, if there is such a tool for SER(OpenSER) + SEMS
that allows us to display in "real-time" the status of certain SIP phones.
If not available, is there a way to monitor "events" in SEMS that will let
us "graph" them in a GUI such that we would know when a particular SIP
device is on the phone or not?

I just read about the SNMP module for OpenSER. I wonder if we could just
query it, or even better, if it can generate traps based on certain events
so we could capture the traps and "graph" them.

Thanks,
Daniel