[Serusers] chain of rtp proxies ...

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 17:13:20 CET 2006

Hi,

I am currently testing a system which connects two "islands" ... each
island has its own SER (0.9.6) + rtp proxy ...
Actually there is NOT going to be NAT or firewall among them, but i
still do want to proxy all RTP streams (sorry ... requirements).
Probably even within the phones in the same island ...

I have a few questions ...
- i saw mentioned that chaining is possible ... no problem there
right? i need to send an extra parameter to the force_rtp_proxy and
that is it? no side-effects if, i.e, call between the phones in the
same island (thus, just one rtp proxy)?

- What would be the bare minimum config to force rtpproxy, without all
the NAT tests? as said, i have no such problem, so i would like a
minimal config: fix_nated_sdp and force_rtp_proxy? is that enough?

- For testing purposes in my little lab ... can i run two SERs on the
same box (that i know i can do :D ) ... which use the same rtpproxy on
the box, thus via the same unix socket? just for testing ... they put
me in a corner of an office with just a little table :)

Regards,

Cesc