[Serusers] chain of rtp proxies ...

Atle Samuelsen clona at cyberhouse.no
Sat Dec 9 18:30:59 CET 2006

Hi Cesc,

Thanks for VON.

> I have a few questions ...
> - i saw mentioned that chaining is possible ... no problem there
> right? i need to send an extra parameter to the force_rtp_proxy and
> that is it? no side-effects if, i.e, call between the phones in the
> same island (thus, just one rtp proxy)?

This is possible, but you need to turn of the checking :) (there is a
modparam that checkes if there in the sdp sasys a=nortpproxy or
something like that.

> - What would be the bare minimum config to force rtpproxy, without all
> the NAT tests? as said, i have no such problem, so i would like a
> minimal config: fix_nated_sdp and force_rtp_proxy? is that enough?

route[]{
record_route();

if(method=="INVITE"){
       force_rtp_proxy();
       t_on_reply("1");
};

rewritehostport("bar.com:5060");
t_relay();
};

on_replyroute[1]{
        if(status=="200"){
                force_rtp_proxy();
        };
};

I think this would be enough ;)

> - For testing purposes in my little lab ... can i run two SERs on the
> same box (that i know i can do :D ) ... which use the same rtpproxy on
> the box, thus via the same unix socket? just for testing ... they put
> me in a corner of an office with just a little table :)

I would use vmware for this, then you can have 2 "physical" machines on
your laptop ;) and you really need this since you want to send rtp
between 2 ip's..

- Atle