[Serusers] REGISTRATION high pace & build_contact() error

Kostas Marneris K.Marneris at otenet.gr
Wed Aug 2 18:09:02 CEST 2006

Hi all,

using sipsak in usrloc mode to test the SER sip REGISTRAR
with the following process :
loop:
	./sipsak -U -p host.foo.com -x 3600 -a passwd -s sip:user at foo.com
goto loop

I get the following mesg in LOG file after 2 mins :
	build_contact(): No memory left
and after a while :
ERROR: build_res_buf_from_sip_req: out of memory  ; needs 28132
send_reply(): Error while sending 200 OK
CRITICAL ERROR : Can't save Contact to MySQL Location DB
(this is a log mesg in my ser.cfg in case : if (!save("location")) )
ERROR: sl_reply_error used: I'm terribly sorry, server error occurred (1/SL)

although it seems that SER keeps going (?) to write
in Location DB both SER's & MySQL (this seems strange).

I have IBM eServer 336 x 2 :
- 2 dual core Intel Xeon 3.6 GHz with 2MB Cache, EMT64
- 4 GB RAM
- 2x72GB Ultra 320 Scsi disks

# ser.cfg
children=5

Could this be a memory leak problem in SER ?
Is there any conf fine-tuning I can do in order to avoid that ?
When I increase the 'children' up to 20, the problem happens again but within 5 mins.

thanks for any help,
Kostas